Top 5 destinations - French Alps
The BARNES index of the fifty top cities has been compiled based on various criteria: financial aspects, emotional aspects, and practical aspects. By cross-referencing these indicators, cities move up or down in the rankings, new cities are added while others fall off the list.
- Megève: authentic village, luxury brands, quality of life, Michelin-starred restaurants, ski-in ski-out chalets, concierge services.
- Chamonix: capital of international mountaineering, located at the foot of Mont Blanc, vast apartments in the town centre, elegant architecture.
- Méribel: at the heart of the 3 Valleys with more than 600km of slopes, charming villages, an international reputation, Michelin-starred restaurants.
- Megève: 70% French clientèle, increase in seasonal rentals, stable prices, popular Mont-d’Arbois neighbourhood.
- Chamonix: international clientèle, mostly Anglo-Saxon, stable prices, active market all year long, popular Place Balmat and Village des Bois neighbourhoods.
- Méribel: international clientèle, luxury chalets, prestigious hotels and Michelin-starred restaurants.
WHAT WILL 1 MILLION EUROS BUY?
- A 70 sq. m. (approx.), 2-bedroom apartment in the centre of Megève.
- An 85 sq. m., 3-bedroom duplex apartment in Chamonix.
- A superb 2-bedroom property in Méribel at the foot of the slopes.